Pat Hickey Travels

Monday, October 02, 2006

Travelling in Amsterdam

I left on the 24th of September..after a few days of peace and quiet in Vegas...the weather is quite nice now. Over to Dublin to spend to family time with my cousins and reconnect with some new friends as well. The weather was quite good which helped with the moods of the gang. Lots of Guinness at night and big heads in the mornings. Pictures to follow...after almost losing a camera on loan to me - my trip started to pick up dramatically.

Over to LGW to meet up with my family on my mother's side. Two Nights there in Croydon spending 2 very long sessions in the Sandrock Pub with my cousins and aunt and uncle I jumped over to Amsterdam. No pictures as my recovered camera was with my couasin en route to Amsterdam...I was loaned an additional camera but dared not lose it!

I am currently in Amsterdam...truly one of my very favourite cities. I am at the Hotel DÁmsterdam in the Oud West area...we are steps away from Vondelpark and the RijkMuseum....the hotel is a quaint little place with just 16 rooms...the managers - Jen and Marianna (husband and wife) have been running the place for 25 years. They make you feel welcome as soon as you come in. The first order of business for Jen was to invite me out for a beer at the local restaurant across the street :-}

The weather has been typical for this time of the year...raining, showers but mostly brilliant sunshine. I am with my cousin Conor from Ireland. He is taking full advantage of sleeping in and relaxing as he has been very busy with work recently.

I am off to the Rijk today to enjoy the works of Rembrandt and other masters after a long stroll this morning down to capture some images of the Rembrandt square...truth be known, I stumbled across it while searching for an Irish pub...nonetheless it was beautiful. Pictures to follow.

I want to take a moment to say Hi to my lovely HBG.

Will update again soon.

All the best,

VP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home