Pat Hickey Travels

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Back In Vegas


Back in Vegas...weather is cooling down - TG! Listening to Paris on the Air courtesy of Live365.com internet radio...highly recommend this source for music online...Mac users will have the radio choice open up in iTunes whereas PC will open up new window in browser.

I got back two days ago from EU...had an amazing time with family and friends. Still getting over the jet lag so my thoughts for writing are still stunted. I found it very difficult to get through the catch up of changing time zones this time...although my trip was productive - my sleep was shite!

Starting off in Dublin was great...the weather, the familiar sites and smells made the long journey well worth it. Stayed in Dublin 4 with my cousin on my Father's side. Nigel was in good form as was Conor and Fiona and Marie. I had an oppportunity to meet with Patrick Treacy, world renowned cosmetic surgeon, and am looking forward to spending more time with him in the future talking about his various exploits world wide and possibly doing a feature on him for Health Living and Wellbeing Magazine...will let you know how things progress. After a 2nd night of Guinness and trying to be helpful to my cousin - I misplaced my camera (on on loan from a pal of mine) and changed the dynamic of my mood for the next few days until it was returned by an honest resident of my cousins apartment building...this act of honetsy reaffirmed there were still decent people around. Photos to be uploaded in the next day or so.

I visited Croydon, England and stayed with my family on my Mother's side - hanging out at the pub, The Sandrock, where my cousin works as a barmaid...although arriving shattered on the Thursday the 28th...I was made aware in no uncertain terms that Croydon would not be the place for me to catch up on my sleep <;-( No worries though....the visit was one of the highlights on my vacation. 2 days was just short enough...I could have spent another day or so kicking around the town...but since I had no camera...I wasn't the same...out of sorts really. My Aunt and Uncle were in great form as were my cousins and their small army of children :-)

Over to Amsterdam on the Saturday where I stayed in an excellent little hotel, Hotel d'Amsterdam, right off of Leidseplein Square in the museum district. Jen and Marianna will be recieving a thank-you card and great recommendation from me. Amsterdam was especially good for me this trip...really sorted my head out about what I wanted to pursue next as far as projects are concerned...I'll be looking forward to doing more work in the EU.


More to follow.

All the best VP


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home